Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Denver In November

Last Tuesday me and my sister headed to Denver.  We were glad to hear that we missed the big snow storm by a week.  It really wouldn't have been fun flying into a snowstorm not to mention waiting in line all night for a concert.  Anyway, we flew in Tuesday morning and it was a beautiful 60 degrees and sunny.  We found our hotel then headed out to stand in line for the concert.  I'm really glad that my sister is so nice to fly all the way to Denver and stand in lines for a band she doesn't love.  As you may know we went to see Hanson.  I'm a fan of the music but trust me I am NOTHING like the crazy girls we meet at Hanson concerts.  Seriously they are nuts.  If I were Hanson I'd hide my children and hire lots of body gaurds because these crazy girls seem like the type that could maul them or steal there children.  I'm totally serious.  So we got to the concert early because I had won a meet and greet with the band.  They only let the winner do the meet and greet so Nikki made a few new friends in line while I headed out to meet the band.  It was quick and weird.  I said 'hi' and 'nice to meet you' but really beyond that had nothing to say.  I just kept thinking they looked a lot shorter than I thought and their heads were bigger in person.  I know, I'm a dork.  All the 'crazies' were asking them about their kids and having them sign everything they owned and I mainly listened.  Then we took a quick picture and headed back in line with Nikki.  Yes, that is a boy Hanson fan in the picture.  I thought it was strange too.




They let us in and we got a good spot but still had to wait for a hour for the show to start.  Finally at 7:00 the show started (we had been waiting in line since about 4:00).  The crappy thing was that they had three bands that were coming on before them.  Yes, three.  Sherwood, Steel Train and HelloGoodbye.  I've never heard of any of them but they wern't too bad.  Finally at about 10:00 Hanson came on.  By this time our feet were killing us and we were starving (we missed dinner)  but that was ok for me but Nikki's feet had had enough so she had to leave and go sit down a bit.  All in all it was a fun time with the crazy girls around us that we made friends with.  We didn't head back to the hotel until about midnight.  Yes, they did sing MmmBop, and since I'm sure that's the only song anyone would know I'll post a little snippet for you all.



If anyone cares to hear any of their newer stuff you can find a few live songs here.

Anyway, the next day we did a lot of shopping. We had fun getting ideas for christmas presents for the kids.

We headed home Thursday and while we were sitting on the runway waiting for takeoff the plane cabin started filling with smoke.  We all started looking around and wondering exactly what was going on.  We sat on the runway forever and finally the captin came on and told us there was a problem with one of the air conditioning units so we were going to go back to the gate and refuel so that we could fly at a lower level with only the one AC unit.  Needless to say it was quite a scary ride home hoping that that was in fact the problem and not something else.  We did make it home and were glad to see our families.  Thanks Nikki for going on another adventure with me!  Now you can all go ahead with making fun of me.  It's ok, I can take it.  HaHa

No comments:

Post a Comment