Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankful

November is a month that helps us remember to be thankful.  I know that I have so much to be thankful for.  I'm thankful for my great little family and for a husband who works hard for us.  I'm thankful that Dan puts up with me, even when I throw his pillows across the room at night and laugh hysterically for the hundredth time.  I'm thankful for my Emma who makes me smile with her silly jokes she repeats from tv, and her creativity.  I'm thankful for Hannah Bo who keeps me on my toes and gives the best cuddles.  I'm thankful for my parents who have worked hard and still to this day take care of their kids.  I'm thankful for my brother and sister (and my adopted sister/cousin/friend) who are not only siblings, but friends and always find a way to make me laugh until I hurt.  I'm thankful for my extended family (both here and gone) who love me for who I am and always make me smile.  I'm thankful that Dan has a great job that he loves and that he can provide for us while I take care of our girls and finish up my schooling.  I'm thankful for our new home and for the wonderful neighborhood that we moved in to that has welcomed us and for all our new friends we've met here.  I'm thankful for our health, this is sometimes easy to take for granted.  I'm thankful for my friends who, no matter how long it's been, always make me smile and always have a listening ear and great stories to tell.  I'm thankful for my freedom, that I can choose what I want to do and when I want to do it, and for those who fight for freedom and have lost their lives doing so.  I'm thankful for my church and my calling and for all the joy and peace they bring to my life.  I'm thankful for time, love, forgiveness, faith, and so many other wonderful thinks we have.

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: