Thursday, September 3, 2015

August 2015

So we have made it to September.  This means that the weather will start slowly getting cooler as the kids head back to school.  Speaking of which, we are trying something new this year for school in the Hastings' family, we are homeschooling.  Hannah is being homeschooled full time, and Emma is taking her electives at the middle school and then coming home for the rest of the time.  This is something I've been wanting to try for a long time, and this year we did it.  Now, there is no major reason I pulled my girls out of school.  The schools they've gone to are great.  They aren't having troubles of any kind at school, it is just something I've wanted to do.  So, last year at the end of the school year I started asking my girls if this is something that the would want to try, and they agreed.  We are hoping to take this opportunity to follow Dan around a bit this year as he travels.  Who knows, this may just be for the year, or it may be longer.  We just don't know yet.  All I know is these past few weeks since starting homeschool things have gone pretty well, so we'll see what the future brings for us.

Anyway . . . on to the ongoings of August.

We've had quite a few birthdays to celebrate this month, including Cole, Jeffy, Nikki, Meg and my mom.  We've had a lot of parties and a lot of cake.


Cole turned 8, he will be baptized this weekend


Jeffy turned 5 and has started kindergarten


One day I heard water outside and saw that they were checking out a fire hydrant in our circle.  I told the kids to go out and play in the water.  It was cool!





This past month we had the Hastings Family Reunion.  We were in charge this year, so we planned a few activities for all the Hastings over a few days.

The first day we hiked Mount Timpanogos


Getting the info before we start


Off we go!


Look at all those handsome nephews I have!




We made it to the top

We also headed out to Cowabunga bay.  This was the first time we have been there.  The kids (and adults) had a great time!


Daddy playing in the water with the girls


Dan's two sisters, Angie and Kathy


Dan's parents





We also had the chance to head down to Yuba lake with the neighbors again this year.  We had a great time, but the lake was super low, and we had very noisy camp neighbors one night.









Where did the lake go??


We saw a lot of dead fish 


This used to be underwater!?!


We finally found somewhere to get into the lake














The winds kicked up one day and I sat in the truck with the girls while watching the men stop the canopy from flying away.  It was pretty amusing!





This weekend Cole is being baptized and Nikki asked me to take a few pictures.  What a handsome boy!



This is Emma as she started 7th grade.  Can you believe it?!  She is getting too big too fast.



I am so excited for her to head off to middle school, I am not, however, excited about getting up at 6:30 so she can be out the door at 7:20.  Hahahahaha!!

Alright, we are officially done with August.  I'm really looking forward to September.  We have a fun vacation planned this month that I can't wait for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment