Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Fam


This is my husband Daniel. He has been the love of my life for nearly seven years now. My how time flies. We just meshed from the beginning. Not in a "we're exactly alike" kind of way, but more that where one lacks the other picks up. Yes, like every normal couple there are days where we want to hurt each other, but we just seem to understand each other. I let him sleep in on the weekends even though I think it's a big no-no, and he knows that if I have to ask him a third time to do something all hell is going to break loose. You learn that kind of stuff living with someone so long. He is an amazing piano player. That is not the only reason I keep him around. He really makes me laugh a lot. Well at least I laugh at him a lot. He doesn't find me nearly as funny as I think I am but that's ok. He's been offered a job for the FDIC that he will start this summer and we're all very excited and proud of him. He loves that accounting. Don't ask me why. I've never met anyone that wants to take care of me more than he does. He always puts my needs before his, and it's just too sweet. Now if I could only get him to read my mind, now that would make life even better.



This is my Emma. She is five and full of life. A curious little thing that is always asking questions. I always thought I was pretty smart but she comes up with questions that I sometimes can't answer. Most the time I just end up telling her "because, that's why". She gets to start kindergarten this fall and all though she is really excited, just thinking about it makes me want to cry. Don't ask me why I'm not a real mushy person but it's just a big step. She loves to sit with me and watch the news. Well, at least an edited by mom version of the news. She recently told me that "the news knows everything, but sometimes they guess on the weather". She gets really upset when they put up a big sun for tomorrow and then the next day I tell her it's too cold to wear her flip flops. She is such a good big sister to Hannah. She loves playing with her and is always willing to help take care of her.





This is my two year old Hannah. We like to call her Hannah Bo or Bo Bo. Her grandpa once asked me if we called her Hannah Bo like Hannah Bo Peep. I had to tell him no, it started with Hannah Bo Lecter. It just flows. She looks just like her daddy. She loves following Emma around and doing everything she does. She thinks she is so big. I always call her my knuckle head or stink bug. She always calls me the same thing just to make me laugh. She recently came out of her room while she was watching Monsters Inc and told me that she was mad at those monsters because they were so scary. She is going through a phase where everything is "scary". The turned off TV is scary, bugs are scary, dogs are scary, old people are scary. I just don't get it, but hope she gets over it soon. Her favorite thing to watch is Dora or Veggietales and when I tell her that she's watched enough she looks at me with the saddest face and shrugs her arms and says "I don't have anything". It's too cute.





This is me. Although as of two days ago my hair is much shorter and dark red, I love it. I have a confession, I'm a crazy Hanson fan. Yes Hanson as in MmmBop, but like 10 years later. I wasn't a fan in the MmmBop years. The obsession started about the time they put out their Christmas album in about 1997. I brought my sister to Las Vegas last fall to see them in concert, which was amazing. The Killers and Jason Mraz round out my three favorite bands/artists. We spend a lot of time hanging with our families which may seem weird to someone who doesn't like their family but we all get along really well. Me and my siblings all got married in the same year and started having children at the same time so we all just understand each other. We like to be up at my family's cabin in Samak during the summer because it's so nice up there. I spend most of my time with the girls and working. My job as a Loan Officer and Processor keeps me really busy but allows me the freedom to choose my schedule. I wouldn't have it any other way.








No comments:

Post a Comment