Thursday, May 22, 2008

A lot of baggage

I got to thinking about the difference between me now and me 10 years ago. I'm still the same person but with a lot more baggage, literally.

Me 10 years ago:
Carrying the smallest purse I could find if any purse. Cash and my ID in my back pocket was all I needed.

Me now:
I have a few different bags. My diaper bag full of diapers, medicine, toys and food. I have my "big bag" which I keep in my car that has my video camera, computer cords, other medicine (just in case), wipes, toys, extra batteries, important medical papers, an extra toothbrush, first aid kit, barrettes, deck of cards, hairbrush, makeup, and more. Then there is my purse which contains my camera, a bottle (It's my sisters, Hannah has been off them for over a year), my grocery list, my glasses and contact case, sunscreen, work notepad, wallet, phone, mortgage calculator, gum, pens and pencils, picture book of all the kids, receipts, crossword puzzle book, headset for phone, mirror, tissue, allergy medicine, hand sanitizer, check book, occasionally a sock, floss and keys. That's just today. I really try and clean out the stuff I don't "need" on a weekly basis. I also take my laptop home a couple times a week which is just another bag that I need to carry along with my bag of files.

I can't leave home without these things. I just don't get it, I used to get along just fine with nothing. No wonder I'm 10 times more stressed today then I was back then. I just need to get rid of some of my baggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment