Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 2103

Hello out there to anyone who still reads blogs.  Do you still exist?  If not, that is ok because I don't mind talking to myself.

Anyway . . . Are we ready for this?!?  April is over, only a month or so left and my girls are finally done with school and ready to have a fun summer.  I"m so excited to have them home so that we can have lots of fun adventures.  I will admit that April has been quite kind as far as the weather goes.  Yes, we've had some crappy days, but we also had a bunch of awesome days playing outside in the sunshine.


Kids love bubbles,  it's a fact.  I bet if you ask Kwinton he'll even give you some statistics to support this on exactly how many kids love bubbles.  (he loves spouting off random statistics)  :)  Once it started to warm up the kids asked for bubbles and more bubbles.  I should buy stock in bubbles . . . and Junior Mints . . . and Amazon.



Just look at Jarom's happy face, it's priceless.  


He loves bubbles!





Jeffy loves bubbles too.  We hang out a few days a week and spend a lot of time eating marshmallows and blowing bubbles.  


We also build towers out of dominoes.  Life is good!


Now that spring has sprung the ducks have returned to my parents house.  I don't blame them, they can find a whole meal just off of the food that the kids drop on the ground.  The kids love throwing bread to the ducks.  Sometimes we need to remind them that they should throw bread TO the ducks, not AT the ducks.





In April my dad celebrated his 60th birthday.  Can you believe it, my dad is 60?  I know that I don't, he looks way too good for his age.  We made him a book that was 60 reasons we loved him.  We had a lot of fun putting it together and I think he really enjoyed it.


Reading his new book!


Group hug for Papa's birthday!!

Time for cake and ice cream.

With this many people it seems that we are having cake and ice cream every weekend for someone's birthday.


One day Chris made a scavenger hunt for the kids of things to find and do.  One of the things to find was a boy in a dress.  Poor Jeffy, because he was the youngest he ended up in the dress.

Another thing on the list was a kid pyramid.  I think they did a pretty good job.


In April Sierra also celebrated her birthday, she turned 10!  We got her a giftcard to Target that also fit nicely on her finger.

Happy Birthday Sierra!



April was also the start of swimming lessons for my girls.  Emma took a few lessons when she was younger but I knew it was time to finally get them to start swimming better, because they LOVE to go swimming.  They have done such a good job, I'm very proud of my girls.




One night we lost our minds again and thought it was a good idea for 21 of us to go to Leatherby's.  We had a little bit of a wait, but other than that we had a great time!!!








My brother ate this ENTIRE thing.  I have proof below.  


I, however, did not finish my whole ice cream and I got the kid sized one.  I know, I'm a lightweight.

See, I told you so.





This month also brought us a new nephew.  Dan's brother and his wife had a new baby boy.  He is the cutest little guy.  When he was born I went over to watch their other two.  I'm so glad they let me come over to play with them, they are such cute kids.

I had to sneak up on her to get her picture because she was so wiggly.  hehe



I couldn't get him to stay still so I caught him mid run.  



Here's Hannah holding the baby.  So cute!!


Now that the weather is getting better I have been running outside more.  Dan had last Friday off and I informed him that he would be running with me.  Look how excited he was!!!  (Don't mind my messy bed please)  Please note:  Contrary to what he thought, he did not die after running, so all is well.



This past month also was Gabriel's birthday.  He also turned 10.  This past weekend we celebrated by playing out in the sunshine and getting some shakes at Arctic Circle.  Awesome!



Seriously, the weekend was beautiful.  How could we have not gone outside.



We tried kite flying and we may have gotten the kite stuck in a tree once . ..


. . . or twice.  




Sunday was also a warm day and the kids went outside to launch rockets.  It was a lot of fun even though I had a horrible headache.  I still went outside to get pictures because they were having so much fun!



We turned around and Sam had climbed up on the van.  Silly boy!











After dinner we officially celebrated Gabe's birthday.

He must like what he got.  Happy Birthday Gabe!!


   So that is it for April, and now we are on to May.  We've got a few birthdays to celebrate and an excursion to take this coming month so I am very excited.  Now lets hope May's weather was as nice as April's.

No comments:

Post a Comment