Saturday, July 13, 2013

July . . . So Far

Yes, I realize that July is only halfway over, but I realized that we've been so busy, and will continue to be busy this month, that if I waited until the end of the month to do a post it would be way too much.

So, here we are.

Before heading of to Puerto Rico I asked Dan nicely (or threatened to divorce him if he didn't . . . either way, it worked) to take a week off of work to help me get a few things done around the house and also to hang out with the girls and I before his long trip.  It was so fun to get to spend the week together as a family, and I felt like we got a few big things done too!

Hannah found a silly spot to sit down and watch a movie


Dan replaced a bunch of sprinkler heads in the front yard because the old ones were horrible


We crammed six kids in the back of the car (please don't report me to the police, I promise we didn't go far)


On the 3rd of July we started the celebrating by having a bbq at my parents house.  We even got the badminton set out for the first time this year, which makes me so happy!!
Chris and Amber enjoying some food 


Still trying to decide if taking Kwinton's picture made him sad, or if he was just remembering the time I kicked him in the shin.  Hmmmm


I told them to say cheese, so my dad picked up the cheese.  Did I mention he's hilarious?


Dan was trying to get someone to come out and take a look at our sprinklers in the back yard, but let's not get me started on that.


The fun table


The cook!


Don't ask me what Kyla did to her face this time, she seems a bit clumsy.  Hehe


Nikki is trying to get all the kid gunk off the door handle - good luck with that


Time to eat!


This picture is a little blurry but it makes me laugh.  I told Gabe to through one of the ladder balls towards me and I'd take a picture.  It came straight at my head, and this is the funny picture I got of his reaction.




Time for a little badminton!





Are you really playing Nikki, or are you just posing for pictures??









Nana found a new friend




Here are two very silly kids


Kwinton and I rock!






Time for fireworks - starting with pop its


Chris put a smoke bomb in the mailbox, my mom was not too happy


These two silly kids again






Chris was lighting the snakes . . .


. . . and Jeffy was trying to blow them out.  Haha

Catching parachutes




























Jarom did an Irish Jig before we lit the leprechaun firework








I love the flasher fireworks!




Dancing shadows




Meg is done for the night





On the 4th of July we started out the day going to see Despicable Me 2.  It was a lot of fun.  Afterwards we headed over to the Hastings' to have another bbq and to do a little swimming.
Emma loves the water!




Grandma Hastings taking some pictures of the kids


Cheer up Dan, it's only 100 degrees outside.  Haha!








Dan, Emma and the newest Hastings baby



After the Hastings' party we headed over to my uncle Rod's house for another bbq, horseshoes and fireworks.


























I got a picture of Brooks smiling, awesome!


Here we are making fun of Hayden's grey spot








Even when boys grow up they still want to wrestle on the lawn










Bronson is hilarious!


Fireworks are about to start!


Ooh, aah!!


What a great day!!


A few weeks ago I started asking my family if anyone would like to come and hike Mount Timpanogos with me.  Well, I had a few takers so we decided to head up last Wednesday with all the kids.
Here we are before the hike looking happy and well rested


Getting our safety instructions


Demonstrating what to do if we hear rocks falling


Off we go!


















Chris dragging a couple of kids along






Halfway up, and Nikki is only halfway excited


This isn't the best picture, but I show it to you because it was almost the last picture I ever took.  I wasn't paying attention when I snapped this photo and my foot went off the side of the path.  Good thing I didn't fall, it was a long way down.




Jeffy had to be carried a bit (Nikki almost did too, hehe)


Nikki is actually smiling in this picture




We had to take many breaks


I was still excited to go on, but Coley wanted a nap




My girls and I!!


Look how much fun Jeffy was having!


Just about there.  Nikki was not too happy with me.  (It was all my idea, hehe)


My mom still loves me though


What a beautiful view




The mouth of the cave (Jeffy was done, can you tell?)


We made it in the cave, and everyone cheered up!






See, even Jeffy forgot about the hike after we got into the cave


Emma and the Ranger











The heart








We all made it out, too!




Emma and Hannah signing the book






Time to make the climb down.  It was much faster than up. :)










When we got to the bottom we decided that everyone deserved an ice cream.  Jarom is having a little trouble in this picture, it's melting faster than he can eat it.












My girls!  
We made it down the mountain with everyone we went up with, so I'd say the day was a success.  I can't wait to do it again!


So there you have it, we're just about halfway through the month and the fun is in full swing.  We've got a lot more fun planned this month, and I can't wait to tell you (and show you) more about it later.  I hope everyone is having a great summer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment