Friday, February 28, 2014

February 2014

So here we are at the end of another month.  I must admit that this past month was a rough one for me.  Not sure exactly what the problem with February was, but I am happy to be moving on.  I think the biggest bummer was that after having Daniel home for two whole months, he is out traveling again.  It's always an adjustment when he starts traveling again.  I guess I like having him around, hahahahahaha!

And now we are heading into March.  Just saying it sounds so nice doesn't it  . . . March.  March means (hopefully) the weather will be warming up a bit and we get to spring forward - which means I will be waking up at a more decent hour according to the clock.  Don't ask me why, but the older I get the earlier my body wants to wake up.  I'll be happy to know that it will be 6:30 AM instead of the 5:30 AM that I am getting in the habit of doing.  

But before we head off into March, I'll update you on February . . .

The Super Bowl was at the beginning of February and although I honestly couldn't care less who won and/or who was playing, we had a party!   I'm always up for a party.  This year we were rooting for the Seahawks because it is Chris Routson's team.  I'm glad we weren't rooting for the Bronco's because that was ugly for them.

My brother won the pot for the first quarter


Here he is opening his cupboard of prizes.


We all bring random stuff to put in for the prizes, so you never know what you are going to get.


Amber won the second quarter


Me and my Amber!


My mom won the third quarter




After the game we decided to spray Amber with silly string


Go Seahawks!


My nephew Cole was in the hospital earlier this month because of his asthma.  They decided that the kids should spend a few nights away from the construction going on in their basement, so we had an extra large family for a week or so.  One morning I told them all to jump in bed to wake up Dan.  He was excited, can you tell?


Hannah finished up her basketball this month and when I asked her if she thinks she'll play again she said "no".  I guess this is the end of her basketball career.  Hehe.


This month was also Payton's 9th birthday, so she invited all the girls to come and play at the place where she takes gymnastics.  My girls were in heaven, they constantly tell me they want to do gymnastics.







Happy Birthday Payton!



Dan took the girls out to Daddy/Daughter night at Chili's.


As head room mom in Emma's class (I'm still confused as to how I ended up in this roll, but I love it) I was in charge of the Valentine's Day party.


One day I may or may not have snuck my kids out of school a little early to take them to the Children's Museum with the Franc's.  It was nice going during the day when it wasn't busy.


































Last Saturday we used our City Passes to go to the Natural Museum of History.  It was the perfect day to head up there.


Checking out the view




Hannah wrote this.  There was a sign asking to write about you craziest weather experience.  She is too cute!




Look at these two.  I love them so much!!!




There were doing a special chocolate exhibit, and it was great!







Hannah learning how to make chocolate


Yum!




How I have been spending a lot of time this month while Dan is away.  Watching documentaries and doing puzzles.  Wow, I really do act like an old person.


Today I went over to the school because Hannah won the Principal Pride award for her class.  She always makes me proud!




And now we can officially head into March.  :)

2 comments:

  1. How cool! Feb was rough for me too. Glad it is over. Hang in there. Let me know if you ever need anything. I know you are tough, but sometimes you just need help, txt me!

    ReplyDelete