Sunday, January 22, 2017

December 2016

I hate the winter.  Yep, I said it, I HATE the winter.  It seems that every time it starts to get cold, my body falls apart.  I usually have a sinus infection (or two, or three) between Dec and March every single year.  This year so far (knock on wood) I've managed to avoid the sinus infection but for the last five weeks I've managed to catch a horrible cold, followed by losing my voice for most of a week, and now I found out last week that I have Strep.  Seriously, I have never had Strep before in my adult life.  Dan and I need to start making some serious plans, because we NEED to have a winter home somewhere warmer.  I am so done getting sick during the winter.  

Anyway . . . let's get back to December.


My naughty dog tries to bite people (yep, that's my dog), but he's never dug through the garbage . . . until last month.  I came home to this mess.  Seriously Tobi!




I spend most of my dinners eating with a dog under my armpit.  I realize I could totally send him out side or something, but instead I deal with it.




I managed to get away for a few days last month.  I went out to Alexandria, Virginia to spend some time with my Dan-O.  He has been working out of town for months and I miss him so much.  Alexandria is a beautiful city full of history.

We visited George Washington's home Mount Vernon


These were his teeth

Did you know that at Christmastime they have a camel at Mount Vernon?  Well, now you do.


I find the different ways that people live are very interesting to me.  I don't know how it would be to live so close to people, have no yard, and have my front door open right up in front of the street.  


Me and my honey!


Washington's tomb


Looking across the Potomac at night


This guy was playing songs using the glasses full of water, it was pretty cool.


George Washington Masonic Temple


We took the tour here.  I was very interesting




We dined at a little place called Bilbo Baggins (I love The Lord of the Rings)





Our trip ended all too soon and before I knew it I was home again.  Emma had her orchestra concert.  She plays the cello and has been getting better.





We dressed up the dogs because, well, it was fun!



Tobi Holmes


We made gingerbread houses at my house one night.  It was messy, but a lot of fun.












And then it was Christmas Eve!

My little monsters waiting for their Christmas pajamas






Christmas Morning!

















The girls and their gifts from the Hastings' family party






I love giving books to the kids



























My brother made these shirts for all the grandkids.  They call them selves Squad 10.  It was cute to see them all in their shirts!




New years eve we spent the night playing minute to win it games, and doing a mystery escape game.  Never a dull moment around here.


































Alright, now on to trying to live through this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment