Tuesday, March 7, 2017

January / February 2017

Well we made it to March.  I feel like this year I barely made it.  I have been sick on and off since CHRISTMAS.  Seriously, I am so done with this winter!  Can we please move on to spring??

Things seem to never slow down around here sometimes.  Dan is no longer working for the Raleigh division of the FDIC, he is now back here in Salt Lake!!  That is good news.  He hasn't been home for more than a week since August.  He finally got the position here in Salt Lake that he has been wanting for so long.  Good job Daniel!!!!  He got home at the end of February, and he has five weeks at home before he has to go anywhere.  Yay!!



Being trapped inside in the cold makes you go a little crazy sometimes.  When you go crazy, sometimes you put underwear on your dog and laugh.  Yep, we are going crazy here at the Hastings.




Emma was very happy to get her braces off last month.  She's had braces on and off for the last five years or so.  Look at her beautiful new (expensive) smile!






Hannah did her project for the Science Fair.  She is good at getting all her school stuff done.  We are very proud of her!





For a while we had a massive snow hill in our front yard.  The kids in the circle had a great time sledding down the hill.



We had a great time watching the Super Bowl with the family.  We had the kids put their name on a board, and the winners got prizes!




These last few months we have had someone working on finishing our basement.  As of last week, it is finally done!!!!!  We have been wanting to make a space for the girls for a long time and now we have it.  Furniture is coming this week and then I will get some pictures.




Dan and I always have the best time when we are together.  We spend President's Day at RCWilley searching for furniture for our new basement.  This is the couch set we finally decided on.  I love when I get to spend time with my Daniel!!



Even Tobi is done with the winter.  I found him hiding under a chair the other day.  I feel your pain, Tobi!



And into March we go!  The girls are starting up their volleyball again and I have volunteered to coach Emma's team this year.  We will see how it all goes.  Here's to warmer days!

No comments:

Post a Comment