Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Dentist

I hate the dentist. Yes I know, I know, most people hate the dentist but this is different. It's not that I just hate going to the dentist, it's much more involved than that. I HATE the dentist.

You have to understand first off that I've had quite a lot done to my mouth. I had horribly crooked teeth as a child and had to have some pulled to make room. Then I got my braces that I wore for years. While I had my braces I had surgery on my jaw and had to have my mouth wired shut for over a month. I've had about 20 molds of my teeth taken. After the braces came the retainer (which of coarse required more molds). My teeth are slightly soft so I've had at least four teeth crowned and multiple cavities. Ooh, and let's not forget about the wisdom teeth, isn't that fun.

When I sit in the chair at the dentist all I can think of is ways to hurt him. I want to take is stupid little tooth scraper and jam it in his eye and ask him, how does that feel?. At times I think, if he scoots a little bit closer I could probably elbow him right in the crotch. I want to take his drill and start drilling a hole in the side of his head. Well, you get the picture. The last time I was in the dentist he said I had a few small cavities that I needed to fill, but didn't, so I came back again in six months and told him I hadn't got them filled yet and he said "why not?". I wanted to jump out of that chair and do a roundhouse and kick his teeth in and ask him if he wanted me to do that again, and when he said no I would ask him "why not?".

Needless to say I will be in the dentist's chair this Tuesday dreaming up new ways to hurt him while my cavities are filled, and I possibly get a root canal (he said one looks really bad). I hope he doesn't take that fact that I hate him to personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment