Friday, July 31, 2009

24th Of July Cabin Weekend

I know I'm a little slow posting this but at least I'm getting it done. It's been a long week of working, Emma's first week of school, taking care of fix-it tickets, and having all my cash stolen so forgive me.


Last weekend was the big 24th weekend at our cabin. We had such a great time relaxing and hanging out. Dan was in Washington DC so he missed out on the festivities but hopefully will be able to do it again next year. Me and the girls headed up Thursday night after I got all of my work finished (yay!). The horseshoe tournament didn't start until Saturday so that gave us all day Friday to play in the creek. We made an awesome water park in the creek, all the neighbors were coming round just to let their kids play and check it out. The weather was just perfect. We also got a little horseshoe practice in so that we were ready to go for the next day. Saturday morning we started out the day like we always do with a parade down the dirt road. It's not the biggest parade but the best. We get all the kids that live on our cabin street dressed up to ride their bikes/four wheelers ect down the road and throw candy to us. It was awesome. Then it was time to start the big tournament. My partner was Mark, someone that is already on "the wall" (the side of the shed where they post all the past winners) so I was feeling pretty good about it all. I don't have any pictures from the tournament so you'll just have to make a visual picture of how it all played out. We were doing excellent. We beat team after team making us the only undefeated team in the winners bracket. We had secured at least 2nd place which was great, but I wanted 1st. As we were waiting and watching the final teams in the losers bracket I noticed my mom was still in it and doing good. I knew then we'd be playing her and her partner Joe. They had to beat us twice to win it all and in the end they did it. She did it to me again. Two years ago my partner was Joe and my mom and her partner beat us out for 1st place and I took 2nd. She just loves doing that to me. All in all it was a lot of fun and I'm glad that we did as well as we did. I can't wait to do it again next year. Now, what you've all been waiting for, the pictures!

The pictures are coming to you chronologically backwards because I uploaded them that way and don't want to take the time to rearrange them all.



My moms prize for winning 1st place along with some money


My prize for taking 2nd! And some money


Hannah after the parade


Princess Payton


Gabe


The day started off a bit rainy but it was still warm and cleared up quick


She threw me some candy


The parade


Amy and Landrie


Emma learned to ride a two wheel bike!


Cali


Our crowd watching the parade


The start of the parade
The kids doing a craft

This is how the creek started

Cole didn't want to get in

More help arrives

Nikki telling someone what to do

Samuel thought we were all working so hard


Brittan dunked himself, it was great

More hard work

More help
Slowly coming together
Even more help arrives
Look at those strong men
Nikki takes a break
Mission complete!
First ride

The adults tried it too


Pile up




The kids made it across the creek (don't ask me who that lady is in the background, it's like she tried to get into my picture)


Jarom thinking about getting in


My mom working hard


Emma


Cali


Hannah Bo

Cole being Cole





I gave Kyla a messy donut. Shh! Don't tell Amber

1 comment:

  1. I know I am his mom, but that picture of Cole being Cole is so stinkin cute.

    ReplyDelete