Thursday, May 19, 2011

New York City!

We had a great time visiting New York City last week.  Dan was sent there for work and my parents and I decided to join him for a few days.  This was the first time any of us had been to New York.  Enjoy all the pictures.

Times Square


View from Rockefeller Bldg


Trump Tower

Central Park

Tribute to John Lennon


The Hello Deli from the Late Show

Museum of Natural History

 

View from the bottom of a large dinosaur (that's his head way up there)

It wouldn't be New York without the Naked Cowboy

"Ouch" - At Planet Hollywood

I was so excited to see Carlo's Bakery even though I can't eat cake

Empire State Bldg


Grand Central Station


Inside


St Patrick's Cathedral - It was amazing!


Rockefeller Center


Inside the Museum of Natural History


I took this great picture of Dan . . .


. . . and he took this blurry picture of me


Yikes!  I'd hate to see this coming at me.


He's thinking "we came all this way to see a giant rock?"


Look deep into our eyes - By this time on the second day our feet were killing us.  If you look close enough you can see it


It's hard to see in this picture but there is a giant whale hanging from the ceiling.  This museum was so awesome!  It was four levels and had EVERYTHING.

 
This was at the Toys R Us in Times Square




This was the play we went to see.  It was so funny, we all loved it!!


More Times Square when it got busy


On the last day we went to see the Statue of Liberty and it was raining like crazy


There she is!




This picture frightens me




Ellis Island




The famous bull - we couldn't get close to it because there were so many people










On the Brooklyn Bridge




View of the Manhattan Bride from the Brooklyn Bridge


I'd hate to be parked on the top of this strange thing


9/11 Memorial




Rebuilding at Ground Zero


We had a great time in New York but I was glad to come home and see my little girls.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. It looks like you were able to take in a lots of the sites in just a short time. No wonder your feet were killing you. Glad you all had fun!
    Marsha
    P.S. I hope I am sending this comment correctly

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! It's so sad that you couldn't have any cake at Carlo's Bakery. Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete