Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 2012

Before we start off my July post, I want to let you know something.  I. AM. HILARIOUS.  Just look at these next few pictures.  Everywhere I go people hanging out with me are filled with joyous laughter because of me.  Just take a look for yourself.

Real laughter, totally not staged

Also not staged, I said something hilarious


Anyways, now that I got that out of the way, we'll head into July.  We started out with a bang . . . literally, because we got together for fireworks on the 3rd of July.  We were a bit concerned about all the fires in the area so we just bought a pack of small fireworks, but it was still lots of fun.



I told Jeffy to smile and he made this face.  I still have nightmares about it.




They must be looking and a really cool firework




The gang



Woohoo!


On the 4th of July we decided that since everyone was out of work we should go out and do something.  I called around to see if anyone wanted to hike up to donut falls and we got a few takers.
It was the perfect day for a hike














Up we go!








We made it!


Chris decided to explore the cave a little closer.  The water was pretty cold.


We had some dirty kids when we got done.


Our view from the top


Later that day we headed over to the Hastings for a bbq and some fun in the sun.
Aunt Kathy playing with the girls


It was hot








Andrew running on the slip n slide


Jon throwing a water balloon with great form


Little Aliva, she is too cute!


Hannah and Kallie playing


We also took another trip to the zoo in July.  This time we decided to stop at the craft store first to get some supplies for the girls so they could draw pictures of the animals at the zoo.  The girls had so much fun doing this.


My little monkeys


Oooh Oooh Eee Eeee (that's a monkey noise)






The back flipping polar bear





We've also been doing a lot of swimming in the heat.  I'm so glad that my girls have each other, they are best buddies.



One day we decided to take the day and go to Hollywood Connections with the kids.  It was a fun, cheap (with our coupons) way to spend a day.
First we stopped for corn dogs




We spent most of the time there rollerskating.  We were just about the only ones there that day so the kids nearly had the place to themselves.








They did a dance contest on the skate floor . . .


. . . and Enoch was one of the winners.  He was so proud and excited!


Jeffy was done after a long day


We also headed downtown to the Radio Disney Days.  It is a fun way to spend the day, I even won a t-shirt. :) 
The girls got some free shades


It was a water theme this time so they had the fire department come and cool people off




The water was shooting up so high


They even let the kids take turns spraying the fire hose, so cool!




Just another day of fun!

Over the 24th of July weekend we headed up to our cabin for the annual horseshoe tournament which I blogged about in a different post.  If you want to see it, you can find it here.


Last Saturday we went to Lagoon. It was a very hot day, but we still had a great time.  Emma was able to go on most of the rides, but Hannah is still a bit short.  It will be nice when they both can go on any ride they want so I don't have to see them get sad when I tell them they are to short to ride something.
Waiting to get on the Bat, Hannah's favorite ride




All of us in a log going on the log ride, I love my little family!!


Hannah really wanted to go on the skyride, but then when we got on it she was scared.  She is putting on a brave face for the picture.


Gabe and Emma


I'm excited to see what fun things we will be doing in August.  I'm having a great summer with my girls and back to school seems to be coming quickly.   I hope that everyone is doing well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment