Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December 2012 - Happy New Year!

Well it looks like we made it to 2013.  Happy New Year!!!   I'm excited to start a new year, but I've been nothing but sick since the year started so I'm hoping to hurry and get better so that I can start enjoying the new year.  My house is a mess, I need to go grocery shopping, I have a list of other things I should be doing, but the only thing that I feel like doing is updating my blog whilst watching some court show, so here we are.  I should prepare you though, I took a lot of pictures in December so be ready for picture overload.  

We had a lot of fun last month.  December is always a great time full of friends, family and food, and this past December did not disappoint.    


Howie, or elf, made his return this year.  He likes to make us laugh every day.  The first day he got here this is how we found him:


Every year we attend the cousins party.  This is a party full of women on my moms side of the family that all go way back.  I think it started with my great grandma and cousins (don't quote me on that though) and still goes on today.  It's always fun to see family and get a chance to get some fun prizes.


Howie making trouble again another morning.


The girls made a bunch of beards and mustaches one day.  I think we all look pretty awesome.



Howie again . . .


We had daily activities in our count down to Christmas calendar and one day it said that the girls make dinner.  The girls wanted to make pancakes so that's what we had.


Our first family Christmas party.  My camera died early into this party, but here are a few pictures of the girls singing with Santa and Mrs. Claus.



Some old dance clothes were donated to my parents and the girls are loving playing dress up.


Family picture while drinking hot cocoa.



Howie again.


Emma started piano lessons back in September and had her first recital in December.  She did such a good job, and I was such a proud mommy watching her play.


Emma and Dan even played a duet.


Off we go to another family Christmas party.  I ended up with these three silly kids in my car.  Jeffy still needs to learn how to smile without looking scary.


Playing with uncle Kwinton


Kids being crazy








Papa trying to fish with the kids






Howie decided he wanted a mustache too.


I love taking funny pictures with my fish eye.





On my birthday I got some Groupons to go shoot some arrows with the fam.  It was such a fun way to spend my birthday.







One of the countdown activities was a camp out by the Christmas tree.  The girls really liked this activity.



We spent Christmas Eve with the Hastings.  It's always fun to see more family and to have lots of good food.




Andrew asked me to take his picture being sad.  It was pretty cute.


Dan messing around with the kids.


My girls were the angels in the nativity play.


This was their big moment.






On Christmas Eve I let them open there pajamas, ornaments and gifts from each other.  They girls get so excited to open a few things the day before Christmas.


So cute in their new pajamas


Emma got a Diary of a Wimpy kids ornament, Hannah got the Hershey bar, I got Dan the Universal Orlando one, and Dan got me the Reese's one.


Opening their gifts from each other.





Christmas day!!!  I just love taking the pictures of girls coming down the stairs on Christmas morning.






Dan go a blow dart shooter




At this point I told Hannah she was starting to look like a homeless person.  (No offence to any homeless people reading my blog)

Dan liked the Giants watch I got him.




We got the girls a kindle fire to share for Christmas.  They both were so excited!




When we got down to my parents house I found these two buddies under the table playing their new video games.


The transformers fighting




Jeffy got a new wand


Playing games


Playing games


Playing games


Playing games


Papa has no games to play :(


Ready to open some more presents.


They all got new head lights.


I love to read, so I like to get the kids new books from their aunt Angie for Christmas


Emma and Sierra got duct tape


I think Jeffy likes the book I got him




Nana and papa got a game table for the kids to play with




I think my mom likes what we got her


Dad too


Playing games


Dan's big eye


Relaxing at the end of the day


Playing old school Atari games


The girls got cute jackets for Christmas.



Although I am not a big fan of the cold or snow, my girls have been enjoying playing outside in the snow.  I ran outside long enough to take some cute pictures of them sledding in the front yard.


Oops



Double oops


For New Years my sister and I decided to have a Minute to Win it party at my house.  It was such a fun night, even though I was MUCH sicker than Kwinton ever was.  :)
First we had a nacho bar for dinner






My parents brought a keg . . . a keg of rootbeer that is.






Can you tell how much fun Jeffy was having


Our first games was sorting m&m's






Then we had a cookie race.  Trying to get the cookie from your forehead to your mouth without touching it.






Nikki did it!


Then we stacked cups.








And an indoor snowball fight.












Then we had to stack dice on popsicle sticks.




Then we bounced ping pong balls into cups.




And then we shot rubberbands at cups.












We played in teams and also as individuals.  Chris R was the big winner of the night!!


Well, it was not only a great December, 2012 was also a great year.  We've had a lot of fun adventures and firsts.  I'm looking forward to new adventures and new firsts in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment