Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 2013

So, are we all ready for a new year?  Well, ready or not, it is almost here.   

Please forgive me if I seem to have forgotten most of what happened in December, or if I was acting strange or spouting nonsense when you saw me this month.  I had a three week cold that turned into a really crappy sinus infection followed by a week pumped full of all different kinds of drugs so that I can finally start feeling better.  The good news?  I feel like I am finally thinking a little more clearly for the first time in MONTHS.  Yes, months.  I'm starting to think my sinuses have been infected a lot longer than I really thought.  I honestly thought I was slowly losing my mind.  Which still may happen, I guess we'll see.  Dan promised not to send me away if I do lose my mind, so all is well.

We started off the month getting our house all decorated for Christmas.  I LOVE getting the house ready for the Christmas holiday.  (I'll admit too, after Christmas I also LOVE taking it down and having my house back)  Dan was in town for the first few days of the month so he helped in the fun.





Things get a little tangled up in storage






Isn't it beautiful?


Hannah had her melody choir performance early in the month.  It was so fun seeing her up singing all the songs.  At times I was thinking that we were watching some sort of three ring circus, and was grateful for the choir teachers and their ability to make something out of the chaos.  Haha!

Looking good Hannah Bo!




Hannah next to her best friend Baylee


One night Hannah was cold so she slept in her jacket.  It's funny, because when I was younger I would sleep in my jackets or coats often because I hated being cold.




When Dan got home from Florida after two weeks he had a big black eye.  It kind of freaked me out a bit.  He said that he was playing basketball the night before he left and got hit in the eye with someones head and that he guessed he forgot to tell me.  How do you forget about something like that??!?





 We missed out on the Wilson party this year because it was up at the cabin and we were unsure of the weather, but we did make it out to the Taylor party.







My brother LOVES hugs.  Here he is getting one from our cousin Tina.


Fish pond time!












Top spinning contest



A few months ago a form came to sign up for Jr Jazz.  I didn't think either of my girls would be interested but Hannah said she wanted to try.  Although she doesn't know much about basketball, she is enjoying playing.






One night for Family Home Evening we decided to go ice skating as our activity.  We had such a fun time!!  I was surprised how well the girls did for their first time.  There wasn't a lot of people there the night we went which made it more fun.
















Emma had a piano recital this month.  I am SOOOOOOOO proud of her and how well she is doing with her piano.  I love hearing her in practicing in the afternoons after she gets home from school.  She is doing awesome!





Duet with her daddy


Trio


For my birthday I wanted to get out and do something fun with the family so last minute I decided we should go sledding.  We went to a park a few blocks away from our house and had a great time!















Papa hitching a ride























The Sunday before Christmas we had the grand kids do FHE for all of us.  They did a really good job.















Christmas Eve we went to the Hastings' for our annual party.  We had a good time hanging out with everyone and re-enacting the nativity.















On Christmas Eve we let the girls open their new pajamas and ornament.


New jammies!


Christmas Morning!




Daddy capturing all the chaos


Santa came!






New hats


Hannah really liked her gift from Emma




Papa had to try on one of the new hats


Did I mention that my girls are SPOILED!!  Look at that haul.


After stopping by the Hastings' again to say Merry Christmas, we headed down to my parents for breakfast, presents, and partying.



















I tried to give my brother a fist bump for Christmas, but he left me hanging :(


I like to get the kids books for Christmas, because I LOVE books!














Dan gets some much-needed new pants


Chris get some new boots


Papa gets a funny book


and a cool Chuck Norris shirt!




Mom gets a new waffle iron


and a log (there is a story behind it, I promise)


AND . . .

. . . a new can storage system.


And once again we are at the month's end.  Tonight we are going to a New Years party with our neighbors, which I'm sure will be a great time, and then we head into the new year.
I'm very lucky to have so much love and joy in my life, and am grateful for all of you that are a part of it.  See you in 2014!!!!

1 comment: