Sunday, December 12, 2010

Week In Review

This last week has been a busy one over here at the Hastings household.  It's the time of year for being busy and I love it.  I'm sure Dan is wondering if we can slow down a bit, but I figure that he can relax while he is at work.  HAHA

Monday we went and got ourselves a tree. We always do a real tree so wait a little longer to go and get it so that it won't be too dead by Christmas. We found our perfect tree at Harmons, much cheaper than going to one of the lots you find in parking lots.

Anyway, on the way home we drove by this GIANT snowman. It was so awesome that I had to take a picture.





 Now the decorating begins . . .







All done!

It looks so festive without the flash

Then they started to get silly

The finished tree in all it's glory.  Please note our $4 Kmart star at the top of the tree.  We bought it the first year we were married and still haven't gotten anything better.  I keep telling myself every year that I'll go and get something better but never end up doing it.  Oh well, I love our ghetto star!



Then on Wednesday we went with my family downtown to see Temple square and all the lights.  It was the perfect night to go down.  It wasn't too cold at all and the weather wasn't stormy. 

In the visitors center



Me and my honey (he was going as Clark Kent that night)

Sammy and Cali getting a ride

Our first attempt at a kids group photo (not so good)





The silly Franc's



The next attempt at a kids group photo (a little better)


Yesterday we headed up to the mountains and had our annual Wilson Christmas party at Sheila's house.  She is so nice to let us all come up to have a get together.  We did some sledding, had a visit with Santa, ate a lot of good food, and had great company.  I love hanging out with family. 

Playing in the snow

Dan took this picture.  I bet he deserved getting hit with that sled.

There wasn't too much snow up there so our sled rides didn't go so well

Emma going on a short sled ride

Here comes Santa





Aren't we a cute bunch!!

1 comment:

  1. A very cute bunch. Those snowmen are amazing. It looks like your family is having a wonderful holiday season. Andrew is so excited to see "Hannah and Emma" tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete