Sunday, May 17, 2009

Death By Grass

This story begins the a few nights ago as I was crawling into bed to go to sleep. My allergies were bugging me a lot that day. As you may or may not know, I am allergic to everything, yes everything. When my Dr did the allergy test on my back about a month ago we found out that out of the 60 things the tested me for I was only NOT allergic to five types of molds. Everything else I was. Animals, trees, grasses ect . . . you get the picture. Anyway, back to the story. My allergies were bugging me a lot that day because Dan had spent the day coming in and out of the house while mowing the lawn. As I was laying there trying to sleep it just kept getting worse and worse. I would almost fall to sleep then would have trouble breathing and wake up in a panic. After a while I asked Dan if he showered after he mowed the lawn. He was mad that I would think he didn't and told me of course he did. I told him that I was sorry but my allergies were bugging me really bad so I thought I'd ask. Then I asked him where he put the clothes he was wearing and he said his shirt was in the hamper. The hamper is on my side of the room so I decided to move it out of the room just in case that was what was bugging me. Then he figured it out. He lifts up his pillow and pulls out the shorts he was wearing all day mowing the lawn. Why why why would you put those under your pillow I screamed at him. His lousy excuse was that he needed to finish the lawn tomorrow so he thought he'd wear the same shorts and didn't want to put them in the hamper. Apparently this makes sense in his mind but it only made me angry. Seriously why would you put a pair of dirty shorts under your pillow. The only thing I could come up with was that he was Dan, that's why. Well as soon as we got rid of the shorts I finally started breathing again and got some sleep. It's I good thing I love that guy because if I didn't, I don't know what I'd do with him.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to graps the concept of putting clothes under your pillow. Call me crazy but that's what a closet and dresser are for...love the story! email me your address and I'll add you to my blog. lesmarierose@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts that make me feel like I'm not doing so bad myself as a husband...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez ang, another Danism. I love it. I'm only sorry you had to suffer in the process. Someday you'll look back and be able to laugh at this.....maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my brother... sheesh... oops... i hope you can come up with some nice things to write about him so everyone doesnt think he does stuff like this all the time? or...(?) lol if you read this dan, take comfort that she did say that she does still love you...and DONT DO THIS EVER EVER AGAIN...ok nuff said...

    ReplyDelete