Thursday, September 4, 2008

Different

Since I am leaving tomorrow I thought I'd post the differences I've noticed from here and home.

Their parking spaces are much bigger. Don't ask me why, maybe THIS is what they are referring to when they say "Everything's bigger in Texas".


The fire hydrants are silver.
Exhibit A:

















The grass is weird with thick blades. Don't ask me why I notice, I just do.


The squirrels are friendlier. Although I must add that after this little guy came right up to me he went over to the kids next to me and the mother came over screaming at the squirrel to get away so that he wouldn't scratch the kids. That doesn't sound good, maybe he wasn't being friendly maybe he was preparing to attack.

















Gas is ONLY $3.35 a gallon. Wahoo!


It's way too smoggy.


God writes billboards here. I see them all over. They say things like "I'm always here for you, Love God" or "Remember I care, Love God" Ok ok, so I probably shouldn't make fun of this but it strikes me as funny.


There is road construction EVERYWHERE. Oh wait, it's like that back home too, never mind.



They drive really slow. In there defence, almost every highway I get on the speed limit is only 60 MPH.

There are TONS of churches. Not like the ward houses you see back home, these are HUGE buildings everywhere that are all named things like "Pastor's Home" or "Church of the People" or "God Lives Here" (Ok so I made that last one up, but you know it's funny) I see one about every mile or so on the freeway.

Forget garbage cans, they just leave there bags of garbage on the side of the road.











They love Dr Pepper here. I believe it's because Dr Pepper is a HUGE sponsor for Cowboys Stadium. Now, this may not seem like a big deal to most, but I drink a lot of Diet Dr Pepper. (Remember my filthy habit) I mean I love the stuff like the boozer loves his spirits. Anyway, you can get it anywhere here on tap, I love it!

So there ya have it!


No comments:

Post a Comment