Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Germy Germs

I don't think I am one of those crazy germ-a-phobes or anything, I mean, I always wash my hands as soon as I come in the door from any store and I've never been a huge fan of sharing drinks or food (with anyone other than MY kids, sorry Dan) but I don't find that overly crazy. I am, however, having a hard time with germs at my current job volunteering for Sundance. Let me explain, this year instead of working in a theater I am working in a small group of people counting the ballots that decide who wins the best films of the festival. Anyway, what we do is take the ballots that were collected from the theater and count them one by one adding the total different number of stars each film has received. (It's not brain surgery but it's very important) These ballots that we received are passed out to everyone as they enter the film and collected again as they leave the theater with the votes placed on them. Well, as we are doing all this ballot counting the other people counting the ballots are eating while they are doing it. Maybe I am just over thinking it but I can't even imagine eating anything while touching all of those ballots that were touched by all of those people. It just seems so dirty to me. So I ask you, am I crazy or do I have a rational germ fear??

6 comments:

  1. You do have a germ fear, but that is not crazy!! It's safe and clean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang - it's not crazy at all, altho it IS making me want to go wash MY hands now =) btw, i LOVE your blog, i think i quoted all your "funny hannah" stories to junior today on the way to his appt up at the u of u hospital~! sorry i am taking so long to send you these pics from dans party, i am just giving up on putting them on a cd myself and taking my memory card to sams club...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are slightly more germophobic than the average person, but still less so than my wife. I suppose that still puts you within the range considered "normal."

    ReplyDelete
  4. what doesn't kill us will make us stronger, right? I just want my family (me included) to get better. Being sick really stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little Hannah is on her fourth round of RSV! My dr. wants me to keep her away from ig crowds so that she can get better and not get anyone else sick in the mean time. However, he did say the reason that there is so much more sickness these days is because people have become such germaphobes. He says that the healthiest people around are those that are raised on farms that have never been ones to avoid germs, etc. So... who knows what to say! I am just sick of having sick kids as well, but I am the farthest thing from a germaphobe on the planet. I do make people use hand sanitizer around my babies for the first month or so... does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah you're a little more "concerned" than others but most the time you have a good point! Good thing you weren't in the room when Hannah walked in and showed Dan her hand.
    "Where did you get that?" "From my Bum"! That was germy, germy! :)

    ReplyDelete