Friday, January 9, 2009

ONE MORE WEEK!!

I am happy to announce that my husband will be home from Dallas in one more week. I also must mention that he will be flying home on his 30th birthday.

It's been a long 5 1/2 months and we are so proud of everything that Dan has done and continues to do for our little family. I don't know how I would have gotten through it without my family so close. They've helped my over and over again with things. I appreciate everything they've done for me. I'm very excited to have Dan home again, although there may be a few adjustments to living with someone else again for the both of us. It seems just like yesterday that we were driving home from Lagoon on some idle Saturday when we got the call telling Dan that he was not just going to training for two weeks in Washington DC (yes, that is what the initial training was going to be) but that immediately after he would fly to Dallas and stay there for another five months. This call came in two weeks before he was supposed to leave to DC. I still remember feeling completely shocked and stressed in that moment. Not only was he leaving the first week of August but Emma was starting her first day of kindergarten. I felt sad that he missed it, and for all of the little things he's missed being so far away from these sweet girls. That's why I'm grateful for this blog. He can keep up on what's going on over here while he's so far away. He makes sure to call us at least three times a day. I appreciate every call I get from him and I know he understands when I only have a couple seconds to talk because I'm in the middle of working and my other line is ringing and one of the kids is tugging at my side.

It's amazing how much you miss just having someone there. Not always to talk to or to help you out, but just that presence. When your alone and get sick no one is there to come in to find you laying on your bed and ask you what's wrong and put their hand on your back. When you've had a stressful day and are at your wits end there is no one there to vent to just to feel better. When you've been running errands all day and come in the house carrying a kid, a bag of stuff and paperwork and drop it all over the floor there is no one to run over and offer to help pick something up (even though I will just tell him I got it). No one to come home and tell you that you look pretty even though you know it's not true because you've been working from home, grocery shopping, bringing kids to and from school and trying to keep the house in order and realize it's 5:00 and you haven't even gotten out of your PJ's yet.


I miss my husband. I miss teasing him just to make him laugh. I miss throwing his pillow off the bed just before he lies down in bed just to watch him have to get back out of bed and to retrieve it. I miss having someone to chat with while I lay in the bathtub. (It's ok, we're married ;) I miss having the same weekly argument about what he's wearing to work, usually that tan and tan don't go together. I can't wait to have him home again. Daniel I love you!! Thank you for all you do!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad he's coming home for you. I don't know how you did it!! Him neither. You'll readjust just fine I'm sure. Very happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't wait for you guys to be finished with training. I'm surprised they expect families to go through what you've gone through, it's not like your military! I'm excited that Dan will be there for many more little moments that he never wanted to miss. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a strong person! I couldn't have done it. I would have moved in with my mom for 5 months. But hey, you're probably even stronger now because of this experience. Go you!!

    ReplyDelete