Thursday, November 6, 2008

Running On Empty

So I ran out of gas today . . . in my driveway. I was heading out to run some errands when my car died pulling out of the driveway. I know, I know, it's my own fault for not keeping a good eye on the gas gauge but I just get in the flow of things sometimes that I don't pay attention. So I first walked over to the lady standing across the street taking her dog out. She saw me trying to start the car and asked if I needed a jump. I felt so embarrassed to tell her no, I just ran out of gas. I asked her if she had a gas can for her mower in the garage. (We have an electric lawn mower so we don't) She only had about a half a gallon so we tried that and it was no help so I thanked her and tried to give her some money for the gas and headed over to another neighbors house. A lady opened the door. I asked her if she had a gas can. She happened to have a can with about two gallons in
it. That did the trick. I thanked her, made her take some money and headed on my way to the gas station. I don't know my neighbors very well but I was very gratefull for all their help. Lets hope I can get my crap together. That was so embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment