Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yikes!

Just in case your wondering why I'm blind the next time you see me . . . when I went in to the get the flu shot for me and the girls the other day I was squirted in the eye with a flu shot. Yes, you heard me right, squirted in the eye with the flu shot. Well, I went first (to show the girls it didn't hurt) without incident. Then Emma went and although she had to be held down by me and two other nurses (she didn't believe it didn't hurt) we got it done. Then it was Hannah's turn. The nurse and I held her down (even though she wasn't struggling she's my tough girl) and poked the shot in her leg. When she began to push the shot in the needle snapped at the syringe and the liquid went squirting everywhere. Mainly towards my face. It stung a little and I panicked a bit inside thinking I might go blind. Meanwhile Hannah sat still while the nurse pulled the needle out of her leg. We got me wiped up and Hannah another shot (which she still barely whined about) and she told me that my eye would be fine. I don't know if I believed her or not but so far my vision is ok. I'll keep you updated as to if I do go blind or my eyeball falls out.

2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! I am dying right now. Just the way you told the story. I can just picture you telling it in person just the way you used to tell stories "back in the day". Of course it's a been a while...a LONG while. But I still think you're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took Liberty in for a shot on Monday. When the nurse stuck the needle into her leg she tensed up so bad that it bent the needle almost in half. The nurse was still able to get all the liquid into her, but Liberty is still walking a little funny from it. I guess it hurts a lot worse when you tense up, but how can you explain that to a two year old? She keeps telling us that the nurse hurt her, but that she is all better now cause she's a big girl! Kids are funny! BTW Going blind is at the bottom of the list of things I want to do in life, so good luck there! I love your stories!

    ReplyDelete