Thursday, October 9, 2008

Funny Thought

I find it funny the sounds you can get used to. As if you almost become deaf to them. My phone is constantly going ding-dong all night as my emails come in and I sleep right through it, but when I stay up at the cabin everyone is asking what that noise was that kept them up all night long. Also, the fact that me and Dan had to get a new alarm clock a while back because we got so used to that beep that we would both sleep though it as it went off for an hour. But yet when the neighbors car was honking for over an hour one night I was wide awake. It was no louder than our alarm clock. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I were just having this conversation the other day. How weird. We too sleep through the alarm clock. Or just automatically shut it off without realizing it. And we have a smoke alarm with a dead battery in it. So the alarm would chirp about every 30 seconds or so. It was in the basement so we never got around to changing the battery.....for about a year! We just barely changed it because people would come over and ask what that noise was. We didn't know what noise until they'd point it out again. Finally my mom got sick of hearing it when she came over and made us change it. Holy cow. What a comment, eh? Could've been a post on my own blog. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete