Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Waiting Game

In my job I do a lot of waiting. (This is where my blogs come from, my mind wondering while waiting) I have a couple days a week that I'm so busy I can't see straight and my phone never stops ringing then I wait, and wait, and wait. This isn't a relaxed waiting, it's a stressed anxious waiting. My problem is I can't seem to ever stop waiting. I've always got this sense inside me that says I need to be doing something else than I am actually doing. My brain is always two steps ahead and it makes it hard to actually relax and enjoy what I am doing or not doing for that matter. I know part of it is that I am a woman because it seems that most men I know are rarely ever thinking ahead. I'm thinking that I should try yoga or maybe read up on Zen, but who has the time. Does any one else suffer from anything like this?

1 comment: