Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mommy The Helper

I took my first turn at volunteering in Emma's class today. Emma was so excited to have her mom come to class. She has been asking me for days 'how much longer?'. She kept turning to me and waving all day long. I was excited to see how she was in class compared at at home. At home she is very excited and talkative asking question after question, but at school she is one of the quietest kids in the class. I know she has always been a little bit shy but the good thing is that she seems to be taking it all in and although she didn't say anything to the other kids she didn't seem scared, just quiet. She reminds me so much of myself. I'm a little bit shy but mostly just am more of a listener than a talker to people I don't know. I just like to take it all in sometimes before I start running my mouth. It makes me proud to see what a confident little girl she is becoming. She can't wait until I can come back again. I feel lucky to be able to work and get to do things like this. I'm also glad for all of Dan's hard work over in Dallas. Maybe when he gets back I can convince him to take a day off and be a helper at Emma's school. I would be funny to see if he and the children would all survive, he doesn't have that kind of patience.

2 comments:

  1. You're a quiet listener, eh? You must have changed a lot since the days we used to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said I'm quiet around people I don't know. Unfortunately for you I've known you a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete