Monday, October 27, 2008

Milky Monday

Just wanted to let everyone know how my Monday started out. I was just about to head out the door to take Emma to school when I thought I really should pick up their cereal bowls and put them in the sink. As I went in the kitchen and picked them up Hannah came in after me holding one of those huge balloons that have a rubber band tied to the end of it so it can go boingboingboingboingboing. Anyway, as I'm walking Emma's empty cereal bowl and Hannah's still half full cereal bowl to the sink she comes in and whacks the bottom of her bowl with the balloon. I don't have time to react and next thing I know I have fruity pebbles in my hair down my shirt on the floor and a huge wet milk spot all over my pants. Well I had to hurry to get out the door so I threw on a jacket and drove Emma to school a big milky mess. Because of the whole fiasco we were late and her class had already headed inside so I had to get out of the car and take her into her class room with fruity pebbles hanging from my hair and my huge wet milk spot on the front of my pants. I got a few looks from people and had to chuckle a little. I'm sure I looked ridiculous. I tell ya, being a parent has brought me to new levels of embarrassment.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience but mine was with my daughter's puke! Oh yum! I was actually taking something to the dry cleaners and didn't have time to get totally cleaned up if I was going to get there before they closed. The lady at the counter looked at me then looked at the clothes I was giving her and said, "You got all the vomit off of the clothes already, right?" I then had to explain that as I was leaving the house and putting my daughter in the car that she had thrown up on me- but I had to leave to get there before they closed. She smiled, but still looked totalle grossed out. The funny thing was that I really hadn't thought much about it until I saw the look on her face when I walked in with puke on my shirt and a little in my hair. Don't worry I went straight home and cleaned myself up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that as I read this post I was trying to clean up a spot of milk that I spilled on my pants this morning. It's still not as bad as toothpaste, though. That never seems to come out completely.

    ReplyDelete