Sunday, July 13, 2008

Crazy News!!

So, as some may know my husband was offered a job with the federal government (the FDIC to be exact) back in January. They told him his training would start in August (don't ask me why it takes so long) and would take about two weeks in Washington DC. We also found out that he would have to go to Dallas, Texas for two months to do additional training during the first year of his employment. So he's been working for the state in the meantime waiting for this training to begin. Well, Dan got a call on Saturday while we were at Lagoon and it was a lady with the FDIC asking him to call her back as soon as he could. We could never expect what she was going to tell him. She said that they really wanted to speed up the first year training process and so they want him to head out to Washington DC for two weeks beginning Aug 4th and then they want him to go straight over to Dallas to start the other training and stay until January 16th. Yes, five months later. Our heads are still spinning trying to figure out what we are going to do. Emma starts kindergarten August 5th so moving with him doesn't seem like the best option, and although I can understand him going for five months, I don't know if the girls will understand. I know that people do it all the time but were just kind of blind sighted. The FDIC said they will fly him home every other weekend and we are trying to make plans to go down and visit him for a few weeks at a time when Emma is off track so we will try and make it work. We also are planning on buying a couple of web cams so that the girls can see there daddy before they go to bed at night. I just can't believe how soon this is going to happen. We had made plans and were mentally prepared for him to be gone for two weeks but this is crazy. Anyway, wish me luck as I try to prepare for everything seeing as I only have three weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations guys! What an adventure! I just found out about your blog through Randy and Rachel (I'm not sure how they found out about it) so I thought I'd check out what you guys have been up to. Good luck with your big move to Texas. Mike's sister lives in Dallas so we get out there every other year or so, so maybe we'll have to pay you guys a visit sometime! Feel free to stop by out blog anytime!

    Erin (Hinckley) Miller

    ReplyDelete