Monday, July 14, 2008

Opinion - Binkys

Ok, is it just me or is it every time I see a picture of a celebrity and their children they always have binkys stuffed in their mouths? I'm not meaning the babies I'm talking about the three and four year olds. Ok, so I know I was not a binky fan to begin with and my kids both lost theirs around nine months when they started waking up in the night for it and I told myself, I'm not doing this much longer, but don't ya think after the age of two it's time to give it up? If you kid is talking to you with a binky in their mouth then there is a problem. To me it just says that you just want that kid to be quiet. Then again, maybe that's why my kids are such jabber jaws. Now this is just my opinion so don't hate me if you have a four year old running around the house right now with a binky. If you do, good luck getting them to get rid of it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Why deal with pacifiers when duct tape is so much more effective?
    Actually, we stopped using one for Sam at about 4 months, and never looked back. I see the same kind of people you're talking about and thank my lucky stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie! I totally agree with your binky philosophy. I share the same one. All my kids were done at six months because the binkies somehow end up in the garbage. But every parent is different. That's just one thing I knew I never wanted to deal with. That and sleeping in my bed. No room for kids

    ReplyDelete