Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Off To The Wilderness

We are leaving tomorrow to attend our annual family reunion camping trip. I love seeing family and I love reunions, it's the camping part that I really don't enjoy. Well, when I am there I enjoy myself ok other then hating being cold and dirty, but it's the preparation that kills me. I don't allow my husband to pull things together anymore seeing as he always forgets something. The first time we went to the reunion after we were married he forgot to pack the sleeping bags. When he surprised me for our 5th anniversary by taking me to the Anniversary Inn for the night he forgot all my makeup. You get the picture. So I've been frantically shopping and packing so that we can go on this three day trip. It's amazing how much crap you need to survive. I've been doing three days worth of stress and preparation to be gone just as long. It just seems silly to me. Not to mention I hate the fact that I only see these people once a year and they get to see me at my worst. After a couple days I'm just a yucky dirty mess. I'm waiting for the family reunion where we all meet at a nice resort somewhere warm. We aren't the Hilton's so I'm sure it won't we happening soon, but I can always wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment