Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Goons

On Saturday we went to Lagoon (or the goons according to the kids) and had a great time. Emma's mind is so funny to me. When we were on the sky ride she kept asking me if the ride was going to fall. I told her no and so she asked if we had four people in the seat would it fall. I said no again. So she continued on to one hundred and the all the people at Lagoon and finally all the people in the world. I finally had to tell her that yes if everyone in the world got on the sky ride it might just fall. She reminds me a lot of myself as a youngster, she worries too much. Then when we decided to go into one of the haunted houses she stood in line with me the whole time and watched all the other kids go on before us and then when it was our turn to get into the cart she FREAKED out. I mean kicking and screaming and refusing to move when I tired to pick her up. I finally had to hand her over the fence to my dad that was waiting as she was kicking and screaming still. I ended up going all alone. Then, the rest of the time we were there she pressed us all for details again and again about what we saw in the scary ride. She is so funny. We decided before we went that we wanted to go on the Sky Coaster. Chris (my brother), Nikki (my sister) and Kwinton (my sisters husband) went on the ride first followed by me, my dad, and mom (yes, my dad AND mom). We couldn't get Dan and Meg (my brother's wife) on. I've been on once before many many years ago and it was still as scary. I don't know what was scarier that, or the X-Scream that tips you off the edge of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas. I swear my heart stopped when I went on that ride. Anyway, enjoy the video.

X-Scream Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment