Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Day Of School

I sent Emma off to her first day of Kindergarten today. I can't believe I have a child that is almost six. She was so excited to go and wear her new "funky monkey dance" shirt and plaid pants. She is usually so shy and I am hoping that going to school will break her out of her shell a little. I can't believe how hard it was to see her walk into the school. I had to take some pictures of her before she left but I wasn't one of the moms that had the video camera at the school. Being a mom is so hard one day and so rewarding the next. I fell like before I know it I'll be sending her off to Jr High and then *gulp* High School. I hope she doesn't mind if I still walk her to school when she is 18. I can hear it now "but mooooooooooom everyone else has a car". Ok, so I'm sure I won't walk her to high school but she is growing too fast. When she got out she was so excited to see me she came running. I had to take a picture. She said that it was so much fun and they played lots of games. She's already excited to go again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Do you feel like an old woman? I do sometimes. My oldest is first grade age this year but I'm nuts. We have decided to homeschool. But it looks like Emma had lots of fun. Too bad her daddy wasn't home for the first day. Darn it! Your kids are so cute.

    ReplyDelete