Monday, August 18, 2008

Social Circles

Friday night I attended my 10 year high school reunion. I must admit I am not the very best friend in the world to have. I don't call just to chat or email to see what's up nearly enough. I'm not nearly sensitive enough and I'll be the first to admit that I'm quite nasty a lot of the time. I think that's why I always got along with guys more. They don't care that you haven't called in ten years or that you never responded to an email.

I never was good at making friends, most the friends I do have have been my friends for years or are my family so they have to be my friends. I'm not one to just start talking to some stranger in the grocery store. I don't even think I've said two words to any of my neighbors. This is why I really really appreciate the few friends that I do have. They like me despite me. I know that if I ever really needed anything I could call any of them and they would be there, and likewise if they ever needed anything I would be there for them.

Dan was still out of town so I went to the reunion with Kwinton, Nikki and Kyle. We had a lot of fun sitting and laughing, those boys still crack me up. Even though some of the laughing was because of old stories of how bad of a driver they thought I used to be. I felt horrible that people were thinking that me and Kyle got married so I switched up the seating so that he could try and pick up the ladies. All in all I had a great time chatting with the people I see regularly and those that I rarely get to see.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto (that is, the part about having a good time, not the part about being a lousy friend—I happen to be a great friend.)

    ReplyDelete