Saturday, August 23, 2008

Six Flags Over Texas

I've decided that they need to change the state motto from "Everything's bigger in Texas" to "Everything's sweatier in Texas". Honestly I hate the humidity here. Today we went to the Six Flags in Arlington. It was a hot 95 degrees outside but that's not what gets to me, I live in a desert, it's the 40% humidity that kills me. I guess your body gets used to it if you live here because I swear I look around and I'm the only one sweating. I rarely sweat back home even in 95 degree heat' but here I am literally dripping in sweat. I feel like a pro basketball player with the sweat dripping down my face and I look at the people around me and their faces are dry. I just don't understand it. Anyway, enough of my complaining and back to our fun adventure of the day. Six Flags was fun but it's not really geared toward children. I don't recommend that you go there unless your kids are over 42 inches AND are willing to ride a roller coaster. There were a lot of rides that me or Dan and Emma could have gone on but she was scared of the big roller coasters. Hannah could barely go on anything. We made the most out of it and had a good hot time. I somehow spent $45 at the food stand on lunch for one plate of food and three drinks(don't ask me how, maybe I'm magic) but all in all it was fun for the girls. We got them cute pink Superman capes, now Hannah thinks she can fly. I think tomorrow will be a calm day and we will stay around the hotel. I'm wearing Dan right out. He is napping at this current moment. I had to make a deal with him that if I let him nap that we could take the car out again (remember the valet) and go and get some good dinner.
(click on pictures to enlarge)

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. I didn't know Emma could fly--must be the cape!! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun--I'm jealous. We miss all of you. My kids keep asking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you get to go on any good rides? I guess you'd have to go on them by yourself, eh? Sounds like an expensive adventure. But I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks like you guys are really taking advantage of every second you have out there and are having so much fun! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete